Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

National Anthem at the Phillies Game

Dear Good Sports,

As promised, I am posting after getting back from the Phillies Game this evening where my daughters' choir sang the National Anthem.

(My husband and I are also fast forwarding through American Idol, which we taped while we were gone.)

The choir sang beautifully and we were so proud. The Phillie Phanatic broke through the lines of the choir kids to joke around with our younger daughter who was in the front row. It got up on the Jumbotron. (She's taking a picture of it into school tomorrow.) Our older daughter got a close-up on the Jumbotron, too. The Phillies won, the weather was perfect -- all in all, a great evening!

Ironically, it was my younger daughter who made an observation that is perfect to include in on the Good Sport Bad Sport Blog:

Whenever a certain Phillies player came up, it sounded like people were booing him. But what they were really saying was his name, Raul.

We laughed over this confusion on the drive home. But then my younger daughter said, "I felt sorry for the other team because whenever they got a run, everyone booed them. That must make them feel so sad."

Now, although Philadelphia fans are notorious for their bad bad behaviour, tonight they weren't so bad -- probably since we won by so much.

Sure -- the booing and etc. is all part of the game experience, and shows your support for the home team.

But I just thought it was an interesting observation from a nine-year old, thinking about how the other team would feel. About the ways we're supposed to treat each other.

So I leave you with that thought until next time.


Leslie
www.goodmannerskidsstuff.com
www.goodmannersmom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment