Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome to the Good Sport Bad Sport Blog!

Dear Good Sport,

Welcome to the first post of the Good Sport Bad Sport Blog!

I am very excited to launch this blog today. I think it will provide an important place to share thoughts and advice about how to raise our little athletes to become Good Sports.

It's also going to be a good place to talk about our behavior as adults! Why? Because an article I saw online yesterday about parents being banned from the sidelines of their daughters' soccer game because they yelled at the Referee makes it clear that Good Sportsmanship is not just about the kids -- but about the grownups, too!

From time to time Guest Bloggers will stop in to offer their perspective. And I hope you'll share yours as well. (Feel free to leave your comments or sign-up for email alerts, an RSS feed or to be a follower -- we'd love to have you.) We won't be preaching ... in fact, I hope you come for the laughs as well as the advice and observations.

I'm planning my next post after my daughters sing The National Anthem at the Phillies Game next week. We're all very excited -- and hopefully fans and players alike will be on their best behavior!

Your Good Sport Blogger,

Leslie

P.S. If you're interested in more children's manners "stuff" or want to have a chuckle over bad manners, check out www.goodmannerskidsstuff.com and www.goodmannersmom.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment